Queer Tarot: An Inclusive Deck and Guidebook (Cards)
A vibrant, deluxe illustrated tarot deck and guidebook set, centering and celebrating LGBTQ+ identity, created by queer and trans artist team Ash + Chess.
- AN INCLUSIVE, AFFIRMING DECK: Queer Tarot is a bright, bold interpretation of the tarot that offers inspiration, affirmation, and LGBTQ+ representation. Created by queer and trans artists Ashley Molesso and Chess Needham of Ash + Chess, this reimagining of the classic figures in the Major and Minor Arcana showcases a wide range of gender expressions and sexual orientations, and incorporates queer history and iconography throughout.
- DELUXE SET: This set includes 78 full-color illustrated tarot cards (3 X 5 inches), shrink wrapped in an interior travel case; a 168-page, full-color illustrated flexibind book (4 3/4 X 6 inches); and a keepsake magnetic closure box with metallic foil accents. Cards and travel case are embedded in an interior flocked tray.
- FULLY ILLUSTRATED TAROT GUIDEBOOK: The flexibind guidebook provides an illustrated introduction to the tarot, with LGBTQ+ descriptions and suggested interpretations for each card, as well as instructions for sample readings and a brief history of tarot.
- VIBRANT FULL-COLOR ART FROM ASH + CHESS: Queer Tarot features Ash + Chess's signature colorful, risograph-style illustrations, including retro color palettes and bold, detailed figures.
- ALL CARDS BASED ON REAL, DIVERSE MODELS: Each card in Queer Tarot is based on real LGBTQ+ folx commissioned for this project by Ash + Chess. The deck celebrates a full range of races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, sizes, and abilities.
- A PERFECT GIFT: This joyful, inclusive, and beautiful tarot deck set is an ideal gift for tarot novices, seasoned readers, queer folx of all ages, and their allies.
About the Author
Ash + Chess is a cute stationery company run by queer and trans couple Ashley Molesso (she/her) and Chess Needham (he/him), based out of Richmond, VA. They create greeting cards and art prints that are bold, retro color palettes and they often use their artwork to make a political statement and to uplift the queer community.
Their company made its debut at the National Stationery Show in May 2017, and since then over 600+ retailers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia sell their art and stationery.
In the short time they've been in business, Ash + Chess have worked on many collaborations including artwork for Nooworks, a clothing company based out of San Francisco, CA; Belletrist, a book club run by actress Emma Roberts and Karah Preiss; exclusive designs and patterns for Plaza Style, a Japanese retail brand; packaging design for Brooklyn Roasting Co.; Transfigure Print Co., book illustrations for HarperCollins and Workman Publishing; and t-shirt designs for The Style Club x Forever 21.
They are the authors of their own illustrated book about LGBTQIA+ history, The Gay Agenda: A Modern Queer History & Handbook, and Queer Tarot: An Inclusive Deck and Guidebook.