Adaptogens: A Directory of Over 50 Healing Herbs for Energy, Stress Relief, Beauty, and Overall Well-Being (Everyday Wellbeing) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #1: The CBD Handbook: Over 75 Recipes for Hemp-Derived Health and Wellness (Everyday Wellbeing #1) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #2: The Celery Juice Book: And Other Plant-Powered, Cold-Pressed, Nutrition-Packed Recipes! (Everyday Wellbeing #2) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #4: Adaptogens: A Directory of Over 70 Healing Herbs for Energy, Stress Relief, Beauty, and Overall Well-Being (Everyday Wellbeing #4) (Hardcover): This item is not readily available. Please call or email for more info. We can quote price and time frame.
- #6: The Plant-Based Cookbook: 100 Delicious Recipes for a Healthy Life (Everyday Wellbeing #6) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #12: Live Longer, Live Better: Lessons for Longevity from the World’s Healthiest Zones (Everyday Wellbeing #12) (Hardcover): $19.99
Learn all you need to know about more than 50 of the most common healing herbs and how to make delicious, nutrient-dense recipes to have you functioning at a higher frequency.
Adaptogens are herbs, roots, and other medicinal plants that help the body function better than its natural capacity. In this loud, messy, and oh so stressful modern world, these ancient healing herbs are needed more than ever. Whether the stressor is environmental (originating in your body) or psychological (triggering your fight-or-flight response and causing the release of cortisol), adaptogens are packed with amino acids and/or vitamins that help manage the harmful effects stress has on the body. While relatively new to the western world, adaptogens are at the root of many things in western medicine. Did you know that aspirin comes from willow bark?
With this beautifully illustrated reference, discover how to harness the ancient healing power of plants. Divided into three sections, Adaptogens covers:
- The history and science behind these wonderful herbal remedies in an easy-to-understand format
- Comprehensive adaptogen directory to help you figure out which products and powders will best work with the stresses of your life
- Delicious and nutritious recipes, from Energy-Boost Chia Pudding and Pink Heart Cacao Latte to Muscle-Building Yam Soup and Performance-Enhancing Truffles
Nature has gifted us with many plants across the globe that are talented at growing in stressful environments. They pass on this talent once consumed. Some of the common effects are:
- Well-being, calm, and happiness
- Homeostasis through self-regulation
- Increased stamina (including in the bedroom!)
- Mediated cravings
- Weight loss
- Reduced inflammation
- Boosted immunity
- Clearer skin
- Sharpened mind and elimination of brain fog
These plants are not a quick fix for a stressful situation. Rather, they are a way to help the body better deal with the higher amounts of stress we seem to be seeing a lot of right now. Discover what plants can do for you as you harness nature’s power. Learn how to find the appropriate adaptogenic doses to keep yourself in perfect harmony.
Discover today’s top trending health and wellness topics with the Everyday Wellbeing series from Chartwell Books. From smart eating habits to personal growth advice, these engaging lifestyle guides give you the expert tips and life hacks you need to help you make good choices while practicing mindfulness and self-love. Whether you want to explore cooking with new ingredients like adaptogens and CBD, or make it a priority to incorporate self-care into your daily routine, these brightly colored take-along handbooks have the tools you need to succeed.
Other titles in the series include: The Celery Juice Cookbook, The CBD Handbook, The Complete Guide to Self-Care, The Instant Pot and Air Fryer Cookbook, and The Plant-Based Cookbook.
About the Author
Melissa Petitto is a registered dietician, personal chef with an A-list clientele, and self-confessed sriracha addict. She custom-designs menus for her clients and prepares meals for them with the freshest ingredients. Petitto has received the top honor of Apprentice Cuisinier at Johnson & Wales University and has worked in the test kitchen at Cooking Light magazine. She is the author of 30-Minute Paleo Meals and co-author of An Apple a Day. Her website is: melissapetitto.com.