Hacking Leadership: 10 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Learning That Teachers, Students, and Parents Love (Hack Learning #5) (Hardcover)
The best leaders lead from the middle
When school leaders join teachers, students, and parents in a collaborative effort to improve teaching and learning, achievement soars and schools turn into vibrant communities, filled with enthusiastic members.
Teaching and learning feel too much like work
With constant emphasis on higher test scores and teacher accountability, it's easy for schools to become places filled with stress and despair, making teachers dread going to work and students disdain lessons and activities.
It's time to bring fun back to school
In Hacking Leadership, award-winning school administrators Joe Sanfelippo and Tony Sinanis demonstrate how to increase learning by leaving the office and engaging directly with all teachers and learners. They identify 10 problems with school leadership and provide dynamic, right-now solutions. During this exciting journey toward change, you learn how to:
- Transform yourself from leader to Lead Learner
- Amplify individual staff needs while maintaining a collaborative vision
- Employ unique strategies to break down the walls between home and school
- Empower students and staff to own their space
- Create a culture where "Yes" and "Trust" are the default
- Eliminate initiative overload while encouraging teachers to lead, as well
- Broadcast student voice
- Bring passion into your school
- Embrace technology and social channels in ways rarely considered in education
- Eradicate your deficit mindset
What makes Hacking Leadership different?
Sanfelippo and Sinanis present leadership strategies in ways few people have ever seen. These experienced, thoughtful, decisive leaders, share amazing, real anecdotes that make you feel like you're listening to trusted friends sitting in your living room. Then, they provide progressive, courageous, and practical solutions that you and all stakeholders will love, using the popular Hack Learning formula:
- The Problem (a single leadership issue that needs a Hacker's mentality)
- The Hack (a surprisingly easy solution that you've likely never considered)
- What You Can Do Tomorrow (no waiting necessary; you can lead from the middle immediately)
- Blueprint for Full Implementation (a step-by-step action plan for capacity building)
- The Hack in Action (yes, people have actually done this)
Are you ready to Hack Leadership
Grab your copy today.