Elijah - Bible Study Book: Faith and Fire (Paperback)
NOT on our Shelf. Order now!
Old Testament heroes are best known for their most celebrated moments: Moses dividing the Red Sea; David slaying Goliath; Gideon routing an insurmountable army; Joshua marching around the defiant walls of Jericho.And Elijah--calling down fire on Mount Carmel. Blinded by the remarkable narratives of our biblical heroes, we can forget they each had a backstory--months and years of development, even difficulty, which fortified their spiritual muscle and prepared them for the tasks that made their lives unforgettable. Every serious believer longs to summon up the kind of boldness and faith that can stand firm on Mount Carmel and pray down heaven into impossible situations. Yet few are willing to go through the process required to get them there. Strength of faith, character, and boldness can only be shaped in the hidden fires of silence, sameness, solitude, and adversity. Those who patiently wait on God in the darkness emerge with their holy loyalty cemented, their courage emblazoned, and their confident belief in Him set afire. Join Priscilla Shirer on this 7-session journey through the life and times of the prophet Elijah to discover how the fire on Mount Carmel was forged in the valley of famine. And how the emboldened, fiery faith you desire is being fashioned by God in your life right now. Features:
- Leader guide to help with questions and discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions
- Seven enriching teaching videos, approximately 30-40 minutes per session, available for purchase or rent
- Articles to enhance your study and application of the content
- Understand the value of seasons of growth and testing in your spiritual maturity.
- Be encouraged to wait on God's good work in your heart and mind, even in seasons when you feel like no one sees.
- Learn to trust in the goodness and faithfulness of God and His purposes for your life.
About the Author
Priscilla Shirer is a wife and a mom first, but put a Bible in her hand and a message in her heart and you'll see why thousands meet God in powerful, personal ways at her conferences and through her Bible studies. For the past twenty years, Priscilla has been in full-time ministry to women. She and her husband Jerry have founded Going Beyond Ministries and count it as their privilege to serve believers across the entire spectrum of the body of Christ. Priscilla is the author of more than a dozen books and Bible studies on a myriad of topics and Biblical characters including discerning the voice of God, the exodus, the armor of God, Jonah, and Gideon.