Jigsaw Jones: The Case of the Bear Scare (Jigsaw Jones Mysteries) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Mass Market Paperbound): $4.99
- #4: A Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4: The Case Fo the Spooky Sleepover: Case of Spooky Sleepover, the (Paperback): $4.99
- #6: A Jigsaw Jones Mystery #6: The Case of the Mummy Mystery (Mass Market Paperbound): $4.99
- #7: The Case of the Runaway Dog (Paperback): $4.99
- #12: A Jigsaw Jones Mystery #12: The Case of the Class Clown: The Case of the Class Clown (Mass Market Paperbound): This item is not readily available. Please call or email for more info. We can quote price and time frame.
- #24: A Jigsaw Jones Mystery #24: The Case of the Glow in the Dark Ghost (Mass Market Paperbound): $4.99
- #28: The Case of the Food Fight (Paperback): $4.99
- #32: The Case of the Groaning Ghost (Paperback): $4.99
Featuring friendship, school, family, and a diverse community, these early illustrated chapter book Jigsaw Jones Mysteries from James Preller have it all.
Is there a bear loose in the woods by Jigsaw Jones' town? For once this second-grade detective and his partner Mila Yeh might be out of their depth! One way or another, these two young sleuths will get to the bottom of who, or what, is growling and snapping in those woods in The Case of the Bear Scare.
James Preller's wry, witty, Jigsaw Jones books are once again available to inspire the next generation of young readers, featuring both new titles and classroom classics!
About the Author
James Preller is the author of the popular Jigsaw Jones mystery books, which have sold more than 10 million copies since 1998. He is also the author of Bystander, named a 2009 Junior Library Guild Selection, Six Innings, an ALA Notable Book, and Mighty Casey, his own twist on the classic poem, “Casey at the Bat.” In addition to writing full-time, Preller plays in a men’s hardball league and coaches Little League. He compares coaching kids to “trying to hold the attention of a herd of earthworms.” He lives in Delmar, New York with his wife, three children, cats and dog.
Jigsaw Jones and the Case from Outer Space:
“Fans . . . can count on the series for likable characters and a bit of a challenge here and there. . . . With short sentences, bits of humor, and engaging illustrations, the latest early chapter book in Preller’s long-running Jigsaw Jones Mystery series has plenty of appeal for young independent readers.” —Booklist
“Those who enjoy Preller’s works for younger readers will welcome the return of Jigsaw Jones. Highly recommended, especially for devotees of series such as David A. Adler’s “Cam Jansen,” Ron Roy’s “A to Z Mysteries” and “Calendar Mysteries,” and, of course, Marjorie Weinman Sharmat’s “Nate the Great.” —School Library Journal