Unpacking the Pyramid Model: A Practical Guide for Preschool Teachers (Paperback)
For more than a decade, the widely used Pyramid Model for Promoting Social Emotional Competence in Infants and Young Children has been helping early educators use research‐based practices to boost social‐emotional development. Now there (TM)s a practical guide that makes it easier than ever to implement this highly effective framework in preschool classrooms.
Created by the Pyramid Model developers and experts with extensive training experience, this is the first book to provide a comprehensive, step‐by‐step overview of the Pyramid Model for children ages 2-5. Early childhood educators will get a complete overview of the framework, plus in‐depth guidance, evidence‐based strategies, and helpful checklists for implementing all tiers of the Pyramid Model: universal, targeted, and individualized.
Ideal for use in teacher trainings, preservice methods courses, and individual professional development, Unpacking the Pyramid Model will give current and future educators the foundational skills they need to promote positive behavior and build all young children (TM)s social‐emotional competence.
Learn how to use the Pyramid Model to:
- Construct a positive classroom environment that supports access and engagement for all students
- Develop predictable schedules and routines that maximize participation and learning
- Clearly define and teach behavior expectations and rules
- Deliver intentional, explicit instruction in social‐emotional competence
- Support smooth and streamlined transitions that prevent challenging behavior
- Create a culture of friendship and actively teach children friendship skills
- Teach children about emotions and help them develop a oefeeling vocabulary
- Give children the skills they need to solve interpersonal problems appropriately
- Provide individualized support for children with persistent challenging behavior