Easy Shibori Tie Dye Techniques: Do-It-Yourself Tying, Folding and Resist Dyeing (Hardcover)
NOT on our Shelf. Order now!
Easy home tie-dyeing techniques with a Japanese twist If you love the simple blue-on-white beauty of Shibori and want to learn some new techniques for indigo dyeing, this is the book for you Easy Shibori Tie Dye Techniques starts with the essentials of the dye vat, takes you step-by-step through the basics, and shows you great ideas for tying and resist dyeing techniques. Old garments become unique fashion statements. Tired home goods are upcycled into one-of-a-kind design elements. This book also shows you creative ways of making unusual patterns--using anything from a coin to a clothespin to a water bottle. With this unique book you will learn how to:
- Use plastic balls to create unique snowflake burst effects
- Make edgy geometric patterns using foam blocks
- Do a bit of pleating and rolling (with the help of a plastic water bottle) to create unique motifs
- Create polka dots--neatly arranged or artistically haphazard--using coins and clothespins
- Use different folding techniques to achieve gradient effects
- Apply methods and tricks to knitted and woven shirts, bags, table cloths, and more
The techniques presented in this book are easy enough for beginners, and will also inspire more experienced dyers. Just about any fabric item in your wardrobe or linen closet be transformed and repurposed with a bit of dye, practice, and imagination.
About the Author
Studio TAC Creative is a Japanese collective specializing in subjects such as dyeing, bead making, leather craft, cars and bicycles, food and drink, and more.